A joint venture between credit card companies Aduno Group and Swisscard and software provider Netcetera is to launch the SwissWallet payments platform in Switzerland. “From mid-November, SwissWallet, in cooperation with MasterPass, can be used in online shops,” the joint venture says. “The launch of contactless payments with an NFC-embedded mobile phone in retail stores as well as international peer-to-peer payment functions are planned for the second half of 2016.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments