Retailers on a street in Sydney are reportedly banning payments with notes and coins in favour of contactless. “As customers headed to Kopi-Tiam Spice Alley, which has turned a row of former back gardens into an Asian style hawker food market, they were confronted with signs declaring only tap and go cards would be accepted,” says news.com.au.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores