Samsung has discussed the possibility of rolling out Samsung Pay to non-Samsung smartphones, Injong Rhee, executive VP and head of enterprise at Samsung’s mobile business, has told ZDNet. “But right now global expansion is happening so quickly for Samsung Pay that we are focusing all our energy on deployment,” he said.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities