Passengers at Mumbai’s GVK Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) can now navigate through Terminal 2 using a mobile app and interactive maps based on augmented reality and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons. “The app works on an innovative platform developed on the combination of Indoor Atlas and iBeacon technologies that creates magnetically modelled maps and provides location-based information,” CSIA says.
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps