US startup Lisnr has secured US$10m in Series B funding for a technology that uses inaudible sound waves called SmartTones to connect devices. “It works like existing technology protocol Bluetooth, except Lisnr uses sound waves and does not require hardware or maintenance,” the company says. It is also working on making Lisnr the “go-to” technology for powering contactless payments, CEO Rodney Williams told TechCrunch.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay