US startup Lisnr has secured US$10m in Series B funding for a technology that uses inaudible sound waves called SmartTones to connect devices. “It works like existing technology protocol Bluetooth, except Lisnr uses sound waves and does not require hardware or maintenance,” the company says. It is also working on making Lisnr the “go-to” technology for powering contactless payments, CEO Rodney Williams told TechCrunch.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India