US startup Lisnr has secured US$10m in Series B funding for a technology that uses inaudible sound waves called SmartTones to connect devices. “It works like existing technology protocol Bluetooth, except Lisnr uses sound waves and does not require hardware or maintenance,” the company says. It is also working on making Lisnr the “go-to” technology for powering contactless payments, CEO Rodney Williams told TechCrunch.
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?
- Metrolink rolls out open loop ticketing on Manchester trams