Dutch consumers may soon be able to access commercial and government websites using their online banking credentials. “Consumers give their express consent to their bank for providing the data necessary to identify themselves to an organisation,” the Dutch Payments Association says. “They thus maintain full control over what data is provided to any party.” A pilot will take place next year.
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China