The market value of biometric identification for financial services applications will increase from US$123m in 2015 to US$657m in 2019, research from TrendForce predicts. “The significant growth is mainly driven by innovations within the global finance industry,” the company says. “Among regions, Asia Pacific has the largest growth potential, followed by Europe.”
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers
- Delhi Metro to add biometrics to ticketing gates?
- Banco de Mexico to pilot national mobile payments service
- Apple Pay goes live in Saudi Arabia and Czech Republic