The market value of biometric identification for financial services applications will increase from US$123m in 2015 to US$657m in 2019, research from TrendForce predicts. “The significant growth is mainly driven by innovations within the global finance industry,” the company says. “Among regions, Asia Pacific has the largest growth potential, followed by Europe.”
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland