Customers of Israel’s Bank Hapoalim can now withdraw cash from ATMs using their NFC mobile phones at the bank’s newly opened digital branch. “Customers can open their app, pick an amount to withdraw and even select what denominations of banknotes they want even before they leave the house,” The Jerusalem Post reports. “When they pass the ATM, they use the same no-contact technology behind Apple Pay and Google Wallet to retrieve their cash.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works