Customers of Israel’s Bank Hapoalim can now withdraw cash from ATMs using their NFC mobile phones at the bank’s newly opened digital branch. “Customers can open their app, pick an amount to withdraw and even select what denominations of banknotes they want even before they leave the house,” The Jerusalem Post reports. “When they pass the ATM, they use the same no-contact technology behind Apple Pay and Google Wallet to retrieve their cash.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments