Customers of Israel’s Bank Hapoalim can now withdraw cash from ATMs using their NFC mobile phones at the bank’s newly opened digital branch. “Customers can open their app, pick an amount to withdraw and even select what denominations of banknotes they want even before they leave the house,” The Jerusalem Post reports. “When they pass the ATM, they use the same no-contact technology behind Apple Pay and Google Wallet to retrieve their cash.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole