UAE’s Noor Bank and Yvolv, a joint venture between Alibaba and Dubai holding company Meraas, have introduced Yvo, a mobile app that allows users to make in-store payments using mobile phones and wristbands. “Users will have an option to top-up their Yvo Mobile Wallet using cash, their existing credit cards, direct bank account transfers or by transferring funds from one wallet to another,” Emirates news agency WAM reports.
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments
- Shanghai bus operator adds face recognition payments
- German savings banks to offer Apple Pay ‘this year’
- UK Finance reports 31% rise in contactless transactions
- Chipotle teams with Venmo to launch mobile rewards program