Westpac customers in Australia can now switch on new credit or debit cards using their smartphone’s camera and the bank’s mobile banking app. “The innovative feature activates the card in three simple steps by prompting customers to scan their card, confirm the card details captured are correct and tap to activate,” the bank says. “The new feature is a timesaver for our customers who can activate their card when and where it suits them.”
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland