Westpac customers in Australia can now switch on new credit or debit cards using their smartphone’s camera and the bank’s mobile banking app. “The innovative feature activates the card in three simple steps by prompting customers to scan their card, confirm the card details captured are correct and tap to activate,” the bank says. “The new feature is a timesaver for our customers who can activate their card when and where it suits them.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole