Wearable payments provider FitPay and connected watch maker Connectedevice have developed a smartstrap for the Pebble Time range of smartwatches that lets wearers make NFC payments. “Pagaré will use NFC technology combined with card network tokenization to interact with POS terminals at retail locations,” Fit Pay says. “Pagaré will leverage Fit Pay’s Trusted Payment Manager (TM) platform, which enables contactless payment capabilities on a wide range of wearable devices.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?