Vodafone Wallet users in Europe will be able to make payments with their NFC phone using MasterCard cards “within weeks”, the mobile network operator has announced. “Contactless card payments using Vodafone Wallet require a Vodafone NFC SIM and are supported on more than 60 Android smartphones.” Vodafone Wallet launched in September 2013 and is currently live in Spain, Germany, The Netherlands, the UK, Italy and Hungary.
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups