Vodafone Wallet users in Europe will be able to make payments with their NFC phone using MasterCard cards “within weeks”, the mobile network operator has announced. “Contactless card payments using Vodafone Wallet require a Vodafone NFC SIM and are supported on more than 60 Android smartphones.” Vodafone Wallet launched in September 2013 and is currently live in Spain, Germany, The Netherlands, the UK, Italy and Hungary.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system