State Bank of India (SBI) is to launch Batua, a mobile wallet service that works on feature phones, The Economic Times reports. “The bank is also planning to launch another version of Batua for very basic phones which does not offer internet access and does not entail downloading any app.” SBI is one of six banks currently testing a mobile payments service developed by Visa in Bangalore.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent