State Bank of India (SBI) is to launch Batua, a mobile wallet service that works on feature phones, The Economic Times reports. “The bank is also planning to launch another version of Batua for very basic phones which does not offer internet access and does not entail downloading any app.” SBI is one of six banks currently testing a mobile payments service developed by Visa in Bangalore.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info