State Bank of India (SBI) is to launch Batua, a mobile wallet service that works on feature phones, The Economic Times reports. “The bank is also planning to launch another version of Batua for very basic phones which does not offer internet access and does not entail downloading any app.” SBI is one of six banks currently testing a mobile payments service developed by Visa in Bangalore.
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India
- Decathlon adds RFID tags to make in-store self-checkout easier for customers
- Ysplit makes money from split bill payments