German supermarket chain Edeka has added mobile payments to its mobile app, letting customers in 800 stores across the country complete transactions by presenting a barcode at the point of sale. “The barcode creates the link between your mobile phone and the POS system when shopping and is part of the payment process,” Edeka says. The service also includes loyalty and coupon redemption.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?