German supermarket chain Edeka has added mobile payments to its mobile app, letting customers in 800 stores across the country complete transactions by presenting a barcode at the point of sale. “The barcode creates the link between your mobile phone and the POS system when shopping and is part of the payment process,” Edeka says. The service also includes loyalty and coupon redemption.
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India
- Decathlon adds RFID tags to make in-store self-checkout easier for customers
- Ysplit makes money from split bill payments