UK banks TSB and Tesco Bank are now supporting Apple Pay. TSB has also extended the contactless cashback incentive it launched in September 2015 to the mobile payments service. TSB customers will earn 5% cashback on their first £100 of combined Apple Pay and contactless spending until December 2016. Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland added support for Apple Pay in September 2015 along with M&S Bank. Six banks supported the service when it launched in July. Barclays will also support Apple Pay but is yet to announce a launch date.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants