UK banks TSB and Tesco Bank are now supporting Apple Pay. TSB has also extended the contactless cashback incentive it launched in September 2015 to the mobile payments service. TSB customers will earn 5% cashback on their first £100 of combined Apple Pay and contactless spending until December 2016. Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland added support for Apple Pay in September 2015 along with M&S Bank. Six banks supported the service when it launched in July. Barclays will also support Apple Pay but is yet to announce a launch date.
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US