Startup Plutus is inviting consumers to take part in the alpha release of a Bitcoin mobile wallet that allows POS transactions via NFC. “It is powered by a Decentralised Exchange Network (DEX), which traders can use to buy and sell Bitcoin in return for fiat at the checkout,” the company says. “Merchants do not need to directly accept any digital currencies and customers can convert their balance into fiat on-the-go.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?