Startup Plutus is inviting consumers to take part in the alpha release of a Bitcoin mobile wallet that allows POS transactions via NFC. “It is powered by a Decentralised Exchange Network (DEX), which traders can use to buy and sell Bitcoin in return for fiat at the checkout,” the company says. “Merchants do not need to directly accept any digital currencies and customers can convert their balance into fiat on-the-go.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments