Drivers may soon be able to use their fingerprint to unlock their vehicle doors, cockpit and mirror adjustments, ignition, entertainment preferences and theft prevention system using biometrics provider Synaptics’ Natural ID fingerprint sensors. The sensors have been included in the company’s new automotive portfolio and will also allow for “personalisation usage targeting door handles, steering wheels and start buttons”.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills