Drivers may soon be able to use their fingerprint to unlock their vehicle doors, cockpit and mirror adjustments, ignition, entertainment preferences and theft prevention system using biometrics provider Synaptics’ Natural ID fingerprint sensors. The sensors have been included in the company’s new automotive portfolio and will also allow for “personalisation usage targeting door handles, steering wheels and start buttons”.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands