Drivers may soon be able to use their fingerprint to unlock their vehicle doors, cockpit and mirror adjustments, ignition, entertainment preferences and theft prevention system using biometrics provider Synaptics’ Natural ID fingerprint sensors. The sensors have been included in the company’s new automotive portfolio and will also allow for “personalisation usage targeting door handles, steering wheels and start buttons”.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay