Apple Pay may go live in Australia on November 19, following its launch in Canada earlier this week. “Though Apple Pay only links with American Express cards for now, it’s understood Apple has signed up with over 1,000 banks globally and is keen to gain similar traction in Australia,” The Australian reports. Apple Pay launched in the US in October 2014 and has been live in the UK since July 2015.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities