Apple Pay may go live in Australia on November 19, following its launch in Canada earlier this week. “Though Apple Pay only links with American Express cards for now, it’s understood Apple has signed up with over 1,000 banks globally and is keen to gain similar traction in Australia,” The Australian reports. Apple Pay launched in the US in October 2014 and has been live in the UK since July 2015.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay