Indian mobile wallet provider Oxigen Wallet is in talks with Visa, MasterCard and RuPay over launching virtual prepaid cards in the country, Economic Times reports. “Today, a wallet is accepted at a merchant’s platform only if the merchant has agreed to accept it,” chief executive Ankur Saxena said. “This (virtual prepaid card) allows us the freedom to have the wallet accepted anywhere a Visa, MasterCard and RuPay gets accepted. We don’t want our wallet to be limited to X number of merchants; we want it to be used everywhere.”
- Apple Pay set to go live in Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- ABN Amro rolls out wearable payments on rings, watches and bracelets
- Airlines leverage PSD2 to cut transaction fees
- California to ban paper receipts?
- NXP showcases the future of retail at CES 2019