Indian mobile wallet provider Oxigen Wallet is in talks with Visa, MasterCard and RuPay over launching virtual prepaid cards in the country, Economic Times reports. “Today, a wallet is accepted at a merchant’s platform only if the merchant has agreed to accept it,” chief executive Ankur Saxena said. “This (virtual prepaid card) allows us the freedom to have the wallet accepted anywhere a Visa, MasterCard and RuPay gets accepted. We don’t want our wallet to be limited to X number of merchants; we want it to be used everywhere.”
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases