Indian mobile wallet provider Oxigen Wallet is in talks with Visa, MasterCard and RuPay over launching virtual prepaid cards in the country, Economic Times reports. “Today, a wallet is accepted at a merchant’s platform only if the merchant has agreed to accept it,” chief executive Ankur Saxena said. “This (virtual prepaid card) allows us the freedom to have the wallet accepted anywhere a Visa, MasterCard and RuPay gets accepted. We don’t want our wallet to be limited to X number of merchants; we want it to be used everywhere.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?