LG has confirmed it is planning to launch its own mobile payments service as early as next month. The company has signed up Korean card issuers Shinhan Card and KB Kookmin Card as launch partners and is expected to call the service LG Pay. LG sparked rumours of the plan when it filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea in October 2015.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID