LG has confirmed it is planning to launch its own mobile payments service as early as next month. The company has signed up Korean card issuers Shinhan Card and KB Kookmin Card as launch partners and is expected to call the service LG Pay. LG sparked rumours of the plan when it filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea in October 2015.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups