LG has confirmed it is planning to launch its own mobile payments service as early as next month. The company has signed up Korean card issuers Shinhan Card and KB Kookmin Card as launch partners and is expected to call the service LG Pay. LG sparked rumours of the plan when it filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea in October 2015.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents