Apple Pay is facing more delays in China and is not expected to launch there until the end of 2016, TechWeb reports. “South Korea will become the first Asian country to support Apple Pay — the service is expected in the first half of 2016,” the publication says. Reports that Apple Pay had “hit bumps in China” first emerged in February 2015.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa