US transit operators San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (NORTA) and the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) have launched mobile ticketing services. SFMTA’s MuniMobile service uses QR codes and Norta is using Masabi‘s QR code-based JustRide platform. CTA’s service lets Metra bus passengers buy tickets using its Ventra app. CTA plans to add NFC to the app in the future.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments