Employees of Rotterdam’s RET public transportation network are trialling contactless cards for payment and entry on the metro. The service is expected to be made available on smartphones in the future but “it’s not something that’s going to be ready tomorrow,” RET’s Pedro Peters told NOS. “More and more people are banking on the mobile phone. Within a year, the debit card will be on your phone.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works