Employees of Rotterdam’s RET public transportation network are trialling contactless cards for payment and entry on the metro. The service is expected to be made available on smartphones in the future but “it’s not something that’s going to be ready tomorrow,” RET’s Pedro Peters told NOS. “More and more people are banking on the mobile phone. Within a year, the debit card will be on your phone.”
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?
- Metrolink rolls out open loop ticketing on Manchester trams