Bitcoin wallet Coinbase and Shift Payments have introduced a US-issued Bitcoin-backed debit card that will allow Coinbase users in 24 states to make payments using the virtual currency both online and in-store. “With the Shift Card, you can now spend Bitcoin anywhere in the world where Visa is accepted,” Coinbase says. “When you use your Shift debit card to make a purchase, the equivalent value of bitcoin, based on the current spot price of bitcoin on Coinbase, will be debited from your Coinbase bitcoin wallet.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works