Bitcoin wallet Coinbase and Shift Payments have introduced a US-issued Bitcoin-backed debit card that will allow Coinbase users in 24 states to make payments using the virtual currency both online and in-store. “With the Shift Card, you can now spend Bitcoin anywhere in the world where Visa is accepted,” Coinbase says. “When you use your Shift debit card to make a purchase, the equivalent value of bitcoin, based on the current spot price of bitcoin on Coinbase, will be debited from your Coinbase bitcoin wallet.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?