US connected device maker Coin is piloting a rewards program that gives users of its EMV-ready electronic magnetic stripe card cashback benefits at retail locations across the Bay Area. “Coin Rewards places cash back directly into the pockets of consumers through gift cards,” Coin says. The company launched its NFC-ready Coin 2.0 in August 2015 and has recorded over 2.5m transactions across 200,000 shipped devices.
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India
- Decathlon adds RFID tags to make in-store self-checkout easier for customers