US connected device maker Coin is piloting a rewards program that gives users of its EMV-ready electronic magnetic stripe card cashback benefits at retail locations across the Bay Area. “Coin Rewards places cash back directly into the pockets of consumers through gift cards,” Coin says. The company launched its NFC-ready Coin 2.0 in August 2015 and has recorded over 2.5m transactions across 200,000 shipped devices.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform