US connected device maker Coin is piloting a rewards program that gives users of its EMV-ready electronic magnetic stripe card cashback benefits at retail locations across the Bay Area. “Coin Rewards places cash back directly into the pockets of consumers through gift cards,” Coin says. The company launched its NFC-ready Coin 2.0 in August 2015 and has recorded over 2.5m transactions across 200,000 shipped devices.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID