US connected device maker Coin is piloting a rewards program that gives users of its EMV-ready electronic magnetic stripe card cashback benefits at retail locations across the Bay Area. “Coin Rewards places cash back directly into the pockets of consumers through gift cards,” Coin says. The company launched its NFC-ready Coin 2.0 in August 2015 and has recorded over 2.5m transactions across 200,000 shipped devices.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info