More than one in four UK shoppers (28%) would like retailers to know exactly who they are when they walk in using location-based technologies such as iBeacon, research by Harris Interactive for Salesforce UK reveals. “39% of high street shoppers would be willing to share data around their personal preferences with a retailer to receive a faster and more convenient service,” Salesforce UK says.
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments