More than one in four UK shoppers (28%) would like retailers to know exactly who they are when they walk in using location-based technologies such as iBeacon, research by Harris Interactive for Salesforce UK reveals. “39% of high street shoppers would be willing to share data around their personal preferences with a retailer to receive a faster and more convenient service,” Salesforce UK says.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions