Mobile POS provider Square is rolling out the first of its $49 contactless readers to 100 US businesses, allowing them to accept chip cards, contactless and NFC payments including Apple Pay. “The first group of businesses to use Square’s new reader include Honey Butter Fried Chicken in Chicago, Philz Coffee in San Francisco, Sump Coffee in St Louis, Cafe Grumpy in New York City and all 20+ merchants in the Urbanspace Vanderbilt food hall in New York,” the company says.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program