Mobile POS provider Square is rolling out the first of its $49 contactless readers to 100 US businesses, allowing them to accept chip cards, contactless and NFC payments including Apple Pay. “The first group of businesses to use Square’s new reader include Honey Butter Fried Chicken in Chicago, Philz Coffee in San Francisco, Sump Coffee in St Louis, Cafe Grumpy in New York City and all 20+ merchants in the Urbanspace Vanderbilt food hall in New York,” the company says.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups