Apple is planning to launch Apple Pay in China by 8 February 2016, according to the Wall Street Journal. “The Cupertino company has struck deals recently with China’s big four state-run banks,” the publication reports. “The effort could still face regulatory hurdles in China, where banking and ecommerce are overseen by a number of government agencies.” Reports that Apple Pay had “hit bumps” in China first emerged in February 2015.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works