Smartwatches will be used to access banking apps 10m times in 2017, rising to more than 100m times by 2020, Juniper Research predicts. “While wearables, including smartwatches and glasses, are not suited for conducting complicated financial instructions, wrist-based wearables will become a key device for multi-factor authentication,” the company says.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants