Mobile network operator Three has launched a SIM-based NFC mobile payments service in Austria. “For this new service, a virtual debit card with contactless payment function based on MasterCard PayPass is being stored on the Android smartphone’s NFC SIM card,” the carrier says. “Three customers can test 3Geldbörse for two months for free. After two months, the new services costs 1€/month.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments