Mobile network operator Three has launched a SIM-based NFC mobile payments service in Austria. “For this new service, a virtual debit card with contactless payment function based on MasterCard PayPass is being stored on the Android smartphone’s NFC SIM card,” the carrier says. “Three customers can test 3Geldbörse for two months for free. After two months, the new services costs 1€/month.”
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?
- Metrolink rolls out open loop ticketing on Manchester trams