Apple Pay has reached an agreement with China UnionPay to use its point-of-sale network to introduce the mobile payment service in China, according to Bloomberg. “Details of the agreement are yet to be finalized, pending feedback from banks that issue cards,” the publication reports. Apple is reportedly planning to launch Apple Pay in China before 8 February 2016.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service