Apple Pay has reached an agreement with China UnionPay to use its point-of-sale network to introduce the mobile payment service in China, according to Bloomberg. “Details of the agreement are yet to be finalized, pending feedback from banks that issue cards,” the publication reports. Apple is reportedly planning to launch Apple Pay in China before 8 February 2016.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022