Credit card issuer Diners Club of Ecuador has launched PayClub, a service that lets consumers make mobile payments with any Diners or Visa Interdin branded card. To use the service, consumers select “manage card” on their mobile device and press the “generate code” option on the card they wish to use, Diners Club says. They are then “presented with a screen with a code for single use shopping, which you must deliver at the time of purchase”.
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected