Luxury watchmaker Swatch has signed a contract with Visa to roll out its Bellamy NFC payment watch following its debut in China in October 2015. “[Swatch CEO] Nick Hayek confirmed that a contract was signed with Visa — he gave no further details,” Le Temps reports. The newspaper says that the brand is preparing to launch Bellamy in countries including the US and Switzerland in early 2016.
- Tappy Technologies joins the NFC World Partner Program
- ST launches NFC universal device for next-generation POS terminals
- Liopa uses lip reading to add security to face recognition systems
- NXP adds support for FeliCa to NFC phones
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency