Luxury watchmaker Swatch has signed a contract with Visa to roll out its Bellamy NFC payment watch following its debut in China in October 2015. “[Swatch CEO] Nick Hayek confirmed that a contract was signed with Visa — he gave no further details,” Le Temps reports. The newspaper says that the brand is preparing to launch Bellamy in countries including the US and Switzerland in early 2016.
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system
- Kenyan charity issues contactless wristbands to students for discounted meal payments