Luxury watchmaker Swatch has signed a contract with Visa to roll out its Bellamy NFC payment watch following its debut in China in October 2015. “[Swatch CEO] Nick Hayek confirmed that a contract was signed with Visa — he gave no further details,” Le Temps reports. The newspaper says that the brand is preparing to launch Bellamy in countries including the US and Switzerland in early 2016.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands