Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons and proximity marketing solutions will drive US$7.5bn in spending by millennials in the US this holiday season, research from beacon network inMarket predicts. “In 2015, the top five product categories to benefit from in-store proximity engagements were deli items, over the counter medication, wine and spirits, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks,” the company adds.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users