Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons and proximity marketing solutions will drive US$7.5bn in spending by millennials in the US this holiday season, research from beacon network inMarket predicts. “In 2015, the top five product categories to benefit from in-store proximity engagements were deli items, over the counter medication, wine and spirits, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks,” the company adds.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info