21% of US consumers have now used an EMV card, with the highest adoption rates among 25-34 year olds (25.3%), research from Harbortouch shows. “One in five consumers consider transaction time as their top concern,” the company says. “67% of people still believe that traditional swipe cards are the fastest method available. Nearly four times as many survey respondents are more worried about speedy processing times over chip card security or availability of EMV terminals.”
- Apple Pay set to go live in Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- ABN Amro rolls out wearable payments on rings, watches and bracelets
- Airlines leverage PSD2 to cut transaction fees
- California to ban paper receipts?
- NXP showcases the future of retail at CES 2019