Women’s fashion magazine Elle has seen more than half a million in-store visits and a greater than 12% engagement rate result from its BLE beacon based ‘Shop Now! With Elle’ promotional campaign in the US. “Results were so strong that Elle will be expanding the program in the coming year,” says platform provider Swirl. The campaign ran in August and September 2015 to promote the magazine’s 30th anniversary issue.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service