Customers of US department store chain JCPenney in Texas are piloting the ability to add their store cards to Apple Pay for in-store use. “Cardholders nationwide will be able to add their JCPenney credit cards to their wallets and pay using Apple Pay in spring 2016,” the company says in a statement spotted by a MacRumors forum member who attempted to add a JCPenney card to the mobile payment service.
- Fossil to add NFC payments to multiple smartwatch brands?
- SPA white paper examines the potential of bank cards with built-in biometric sensors
- Citi to let customers check their bank account from within Facebook Messenger
- BBVA tests face recognition payments
- Indian mobile payments firms raised US$1.5bn in funding in 2017