Customers of US department store chain JCPenney in Texas are piloting the ability to add their store cards to Apple Pay for in-store use. “Cardholders nationwide will be able to add their JCPenney credit cards to their wallets and pay using Apple Pay in spring 2016,” the company says in a statement spotted by a MacRumors forum member who attempted to add a JCPenney card to the mobile payment service.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone