ING has made its host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service available to all its customers in the Netherlands with an NFC phone running Android 4.4 or higher following a trial that began in September 2015. The service was made available to 5,000 customers initially and opened up to a further 5,000 customers in November. The beta users scored the app 8.5 out of 10.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale