ING has made its host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service available to all its customers in the Netherlands with an NFC phone running Android 4.4 or higher following a trial that began in September 2015. The service was made available to 5,000 customers initially and opened up to a further 5,000 customers in November. The beta users scored the app 8.5 out of 10.
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February