Almost two thirds of Australian consumers (64%) prefer contactless payments to cash and 66% prefer using tap and go to entering their PIN for transactions under $100, research from MasterCard reveals. “Shoppers in West Australia have the highest preference for contactless payments in the country (72%), followed by shoppers in New South Wales (67%), Victoria and Tasmania (66%),” the payment network says.
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers
- Delhi Metro to add biometrics to ticketing gates?
- Banco de Mexico to pilot national mobile payments service
- Apple Pay goes live in Saudi Arabia and Czech Republic