Almost two thirds of Australian consumers (64%) prefer contactless payments to cash and 66% prefer using tap and go to entering their PIN for transactions under $100, research from MasterCard reveals. “Shoppers in West Australia have the highest preference for contactless payments in the country (72%), followed by shoppers in New South Wales (67%), Victoria and Tasmania (66%),” the payment network says.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards