A research note by KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicts that Apple will release a new iPhone equipped with NFC and Apple Pay early next year. “Kuo expects the new 4-inch iPhone to have an A9 chip manufactured by both TSMC and Samsung, 2.5D cover glass with curved edges like on the iPhone 6s, NFC for Apple Pay, metal casing with at least two to three colour options and identical camera specs to the iPhone 5s,” MacRumors reports.
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots