Facebook has begun piloting a service that allows users to buy concert tickets through the social network’s event pages using a Buy Tickets button. “The tickets, when purchased, will be available for pickup at Will Call windows,” Buzz Feed reports. “A Facebook spokeswoman said the company is partnering with a small group of independent venues, artists and event promoters in the San Francisco Bay Area for the pilot.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform