ANZ Bank New Zealand customers can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using its goMoney banking app. “Around 90,000 customers will meet the criteria for the ANZ mobile wallet,” ANZ says. “The key benefit of the goMoney wallet is that it is within ANZ’s trusted mobile banking app, removing the need for a separate app or SIM card upgrade.” The bank announced its plan to add HCE in March 2015 and is using Bell ID’s Secure Element in the Cloud software platform to deliver the service.
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones
- Standard Chartered unveils IoT payments platform that automatically triggers a payment when a connected product arrives at a destination
- Commonwealth Bank to test ‘smart money’ that knows what it can be spent on
- Alipay: Hackers have used stolen Apple IDs to lift funds from mobile wallets
- Amazon moves into in-store payments in India