ANZ Bank New Zealand customers can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using its goMoney banking app. “Around 90,000 customers will meet the criteria for the ANZ mobile wallet,” ANZ says. “The key benefit of the goMoney wallet is that it is within ANZ’s trusted mobile banking app, removing the need for a separate app or SIM card upgrade.” The bank announced its plan to add HCE in March 2015 and is using Bell ID’s Secure Element in the Cloud software platform to deliver the service.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service