QR code-based mobile payments platform Yoyo Wallet has launched in private beta to select customers in the US. “Yoyo’s US expansion comes after a successful $10m A round that has boosted Yoyo to become the fastest growing mobile wallet in the UK, processing up to 65% of checkouts across its participating locations,” the company says. An official launch is expected in early 2016. Yoyo began rolling out its service in May 2014.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform