QR code-based mobile payments platform Yoyo Wallet has launched in private beta to select customers in the US. “Yoyo’s US expansion comes after a successful $10m A round that has boosted Yoyo to become the fastest growing mobile wallet in the UK, processing up to 65% of checkouts across its participating locations,” the company says. An official launch is expected in early 2016. Yoyo began rolling out its service in May 2014.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities