More than 16bn mobile biometric payment transactions will be made and more than 1.1bn financial services customers will be using mobile biometrics by 2020, research from Goode Intelligence predicts. “Adoption is being seen across almost all of the financial services industry — from traditional ATMs to alternative Bitcoin wallets,” the firm says. “Mobile is fast becoming the biometric authenticator of choice for the financial services industry.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works