Apple is struggling to persuade Australia’s big banks to sign up for Apple Pay, according to Reuters. “The firm has yet to strike a deal with any of the four main banks — ANZ, National Australia Bank (NAB), Commonwealth Bank and Westpac,” the news agency reports. “That sets it adrift from 80% of consumers using mobile payments systems linked to other credit cards.” Apple Pay launched in Australia in November 2015 with support from American Express.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump