Apple is struggling to persuade Australia’s big banks to sign up for Apple Pay, according to Reuters. “The firm has yet to strike a deal with any of the four main banks — ANZ, National Australia Bank (NAB), Commonwealth Bank and Westpac,” the news agency reports. “That sets it adrift from 80% of consumers using mobile payments systems linked to other credit cards.” Apple Pay launched in Australia in November 2015 with support from American Express.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India