Microsoft is adding support for loyalty cards to the Wallet app for Windows 10 Mobile. “The new version allows users to scan and add in retail loyalty cards for the first time,” Windows Central reports. “Support for loyalty cards means that shoppers can ditch the old-fashioned credit card-like method of collecting reward points in favour of scanning the card’s information on their smartphone.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform