Banking association The Clearing House (TCH) has contracted UK payments infrastructure operator VocaLink to develop a national real-time payment service in the US. “VocaLink has commenced work to ensure the system is built rapidly,” the companies say. “Individual financial institutions and their service providers have already commenced efforts to integrate and adopt the new real-time payment system.” TCH and its member banks revealed plans to build a real-time payment system in October 2014.
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat