Banking association The Clearing House (TCH) has contracted UK payments infrastructure operator VocaLink to develop a national real-time payment service in the US. “VocaLink has commenced work to ensure the system is built rapidly,” the companies say. “Individual financial institutions and their service providers have already commenced efforts to integrate and adopt the new real-time payment system.” TCH and its member banks revealed plans to build a real-time payment system in October 2014.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID