Visa has announced that the host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service launched by United Overseas Bank (UOB) in November is the first in Asia Pacific to make use of the Visa Token Service. “UOB has implemented the Visa Token Service as part of its digital wallet UOB Mighty,” Visa says. The service lets customers in Singapore make mobile payments for transactions of any value at all Visa PayWave or MasterPass terminals.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments