Visa has announced that the host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service launched by United Overseas Bank (UOB) in November is the first in Asia Pacific to make use of the Visa Token Service. “UOB has implemented the Visa Token Service as part of its digital wallet UOB Mighty,” Visa says. The service lets customers in Singapore make mobile payments for transactions of any value at all Visa PayWave or MasterPass terminals.
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars