Some 417bn cashless payments were made in 60 countries worldwide in 2014, according to research from RBR. “These are increasing at only a slightly faster rate than the number of ATM cash withdrawals, suggesting that cash is still favoured as a means of payment for a significant proportion of the global population,” RBR says. “Cards are by far the most common and fastest growing cashless means of payment, making up more than half of such transactions worldwide.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works