Consumers in Spain and Ireland can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using Wirecard’s Boon service. “The app enables smartphone payments at any NFC-capable POS terminal which accepts MasterCard contactless payments,” the German payments technology provider says. Wirecard launched Boon in Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and Belgium earlier this month.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’