Consumers in Spain and Ireland can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using Wirecard’s Boon service. “The app enables smartphone payments at any NFC-capable POS terminal which accepts MasterCard contactless payments,” the German payments technology provider says. Wirecard launched Boon in Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and Belgium earlier this month.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system