Consumers in Spain and Ireland can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using Wirecard’s Boon service. “The app enables smartphone payments at any NFC-capable POS terminal which accepts MasterCard contactless payments,” the German payments technology provider says. Wirecard launched Boon in Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and Belgium earlier this month.
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico